The 22nd Dorset County Chess Association Rapidplay will be played on Sunday, 12 March 2017 at Ringwood. Entries are now possible. On-line entry form on the home page, as well as the usual downloaded enrolment form below. This is an open event.
It will be run much the same as last year and same entry fee of £12, which includes a hot lunch and drink. But prize money is increased to £100, £50 & £25 for 1st, 2nd & 3rd; plus nearly 20 other prizes. As previously, total entries will be capped at 50 to aim for the best possible playing conditions
52 entrants at 7 February. As we can only accommodate around 50, we will need to use a reserve list, so regrettably may need to disappoint. We would like to express sincere thanks though for the fantastic support for this event.
- Venue is Greyfriars Community Centre, 44 Christchurch Road, Ringwood BH24 1DW
- Runs from 9.45am to 6pm
- 6 rounds, 30 minutes each player a round
- 1 section, for all entrants
- FREE hot and cold buffet lunch
- Hot and cold drinks throughout
- Entry fee £12 (£6 for juniors who are under 18 at 31 Aug ’17)
- Late Fee £3 for all entries accepted on the day, although please check in advance in case Congress is full
- There is some car parking at Greyfriars and it is ok to use the Ringwood Library car park at the rear. There is no charge and you do not need to be a member for our event. But please note the public car parks in Ringwood unfortunately charge for Sundays. For more details on parking please go to the old Rapidplay website and click on “Venue” http://dorsetrapidplay.weebly.com
2017 ENTRY FORM (if you prefer to enter by sending a cheque)
Please click here to download hard copy Booking Form
(left) Keith Gregory of the Fareham Chess Club scored a full 5 points from the first 5 rounds, then drew in the last round to finish half a point ahead to win the competition and take first prize. 8 teams teams entered the Team Competition, and Keith was also in the winning Wessex team, along with Allan Pleasants, Joe Coburn and Ian Clark. This team emerged winners, despite penalty points because of their high average grade (172)
The old Rapidplay website has details of the March 2016 event and some historic data for previous years:-
But this website: dorsetchess.co.uk will be used for entries, news updates, plus results from 2107 Rapidplay onwards.
Mike Jay 13 Dec ’16