Run by Dorset County Chess Association
Sunday 1st July 2018
9am to 7pm
AT THE MERLEY SOCIAL CLUB
HARRIER DRIVE, MERLEY, WIMBORNE BH21 1XE
4 SECTIONS (3 ROUNDS):
THE DORSET INDIVIDUAL CHAMPIONSHIP
THE DORSET MAJOR (UNDER 160)
THE DORSET INTERMEDIATE (UNDER 135)
THE DORSET MINOR (UNDER 110)
Entry Fee for players in all sections is only £12
(Plus a £5 late fee if received after 23rd June 2018)
Maximum of 12 players in each section
Prizes for all sections: 1st £50, 2nd £30, Grading £20
All cash prizes will be shared but Play off matches will be used to determine trophy winners if there is no sole winner after 3 rounds.
RATES OF PLAY FOR THE MAIN CONGRESS
All moves in 1 hour plus 15 second increments per move
There will be refreshments served all day at the venue
Round 1 9am
Round 2 12noon
Round 3 3pm
Play offs 6pm
Prizegiving 7pm approx (or 6pm if there are no play offs)
Although each round should last no more than 2½ hours, by using time increments means there is no definitive end time. Please therefore note there will be a minimum of a 15 minute break following the completion of the previous round so start times may vary slightly but these will not be any earlier than those stated above.
FORMAT AND RATES OF PLAY FOR THE PLAY OFF MATCHES
If there is no outright winner in any section of the main Congress, then 2 players will compete in a play off match to determine the trophy winner. Where 3 or more players come equal 1st in any main Congress section then the 2 players who proceed to the play off match will be determined in the following tie break order:
- Grading performance (i.e. using sum of opponents’ grades)
- Sum of progressive scoresThere will be 2 games, with both players playing one game each with the White and Black pieces. The time control will be all moves in 5 minutes plus 3 second increments.If the scores are level (i.e. 1–1), then there will be an Armageddon tiebreaker match with the player of the White pieces having to play all moves in 5 minutes and the player of the Black pieces having 4 minutes. The player of the White pieces must then win to be the trophy winner otherwise the trophy winner will be the player of the Black pieces. The choice of colour for the Armageddon tiebreaker match will given to the player who had the best tie break score in the main Congress.FIDE Blitz rules apply for all trophy play off matches
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. To be eligible to play, one of the following must apply:
a) Born In Dorset
b) Has lived in Dorset for over 5 years
c) Plays regularly in either the B&DCL or Dorset County Chess League
2. In any dispute the controller’s decision is final.
3. The right is reserved to assign players to specific tournaments.
4. Tie-breaks for trophies will be decided by blitz play-offs as noted above.
5. Only graded players are eligible to play. The January 2018 grade is to be used.
6. If ungraded. please contact the Congress Organiser, Ian Clark (see contact details below).
7. All 4 tournaments are subject to FIDE rules.
8. Electronic means of communication must be totally switched off in the playing area – failure to comply may result in the loss of game.
There are 2 ways to enter: Completing and posting this form with your payment: 1st-DORSET-CLOSED-ONE-DAY-ENTRY-FORM_010718
Or fill in the blue on-line form immediately below