This page gives quick overview of the Bournemouth and District Chess League (B&DCL):
- The league season runs from October to May
- Matches are played on weekday evenings, on the home team’s club night, typically starting at 7:30 pm
- The time control is either 1 hour with 30 seconds increment for the whole game or 35 moves in 1 hour 15 minutes with a 15 minutes quickplay finish.
- The following clubs participate: Bournemouth, Highcliffe, New Milton, Poole, Purbeck, Ringwood, Southbourne and Wimborne. Please see the clubs page for more details.
- In 2019/2020 there were 30 teams from these clubs competing in 5 Divisions.
In 2021/2022, as clubs cautiously restart after the COVID inflicted break, there are 21 teams competing in 4 divisions.
- For further information please see the B&DCL Rules and Constitution page.