2nd DORSET ONE DAY “CLOSED” CHESS CONGRESS
Run by Dorset County Chess Association
Sunday 7th July 2019
9am to 7.30pm
AT THE MERLEY SOCIAL CLUB
HARRIER DRIVE, MERLEY, WIMBORNE BH21 1XE
4 SECTIONS (4 ROUNDS):
THE DORSET INDIVIDUAL CHAMPIONSHIP
THE DORSET MAJOR (UNDER 160)
THE DORSET INTERMEDIATE (UNDER 135)
THE DORSET MINOR (UNDER 110)
FREE LUNCH AND REFRESHMENTS
Entry Fee for players in all sections is only £12
(Plus a £5 late fee if received after 28th June 2019)
Maximum of 12 players in each section
Prizes for all sections: 1st £50, 2nd £30, Grading £20
Trophies will be shared, as will cash prizes if equal scores
RATES OF PLAY FOR THE MAIN CONGRESS
All moves in 1 hour plus 10 second increments per move
There will be refreshments served all day at the venue
Round 1 9am
Round 2 11.30am
FREE LUNCH 1.30pm
(although some games will be unfinished, it is planned for lunch to be held in a separate room)
Round 3 2.30pm
Round 4 5pm
Prizegiving 7.20pm approx
Although each round should last no more than 2hours 20mins, by using time increments means there is no definitive end time. Please therefore note there will be a minimum of a 10 minute break following the completion of the previous round, so start times may vary slightly – but these will not be any earlier than those stated above.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. To be eligible to play, one of the following must apply:
a) Born In Dorset
b) Has lived in Dorset for over 5 years
c) Plays regularly in either the B&DCL or Dorset County Chess League
2. In any dispute the Controller’s decision is final.
3. The right is reserved to assign players to specific tournaments.
4. If 2 or more players tie then trophies will be shared
5. Only graded players are eligible to play. The January 2019 grade is to be used.
5. If ungraded. please contact the Congress Organiser, Ian Clark (see contact details below on entry form).
6. All 4 tournaments are subject to FIDE rules.
7. Electronic means of communication must be totally switched off in the playing area – failure to comply may result in the loss of game.
There are 2 ways to enter: Complete and post this form with your payment (pl click to open): 2nd DORSET CLOSED ONE DAY ENTRY FORM –
Or fill in the blue on-line form immediately below