B&DCL AGM Tues 21st June – Significant changes proposed
As previously advised, the B&DCL AGM is to be held at:
- 7.30pm on Tuesday 21st June 2022
- Tuckton Social Club, 222 Tuckton Road, Southbourne, BH6 3AA (the home venue of Southbourne Chess Club).
A link to the full AGM agenda is given at the end of this article but some significant items are listed for your prior consideration below.
Summary of the key Proposed Changes received from clubs
- Proposal to the League Controller that all B&DCL clubs’ A teams are represented in Division 1 with no relegation.
- 6 player teams in Division 1 with 4 player teams in the other divisions.
- A ‘reserve’ player can only play 3 times for a club team in a higher division.
- If a nominated team player has not played in the first 3 matches of the season, that player will cease to hold a nominated place and that player’s club will be required to immediately re-allocate a player from a lower team to that higher team.
- The number of Reserve Places a team can use during the season will be 6. In 2021/22, this was 8, 9, or 10 to correspond with number of matches played by each team.
- A time control of 1 hour + 30 seconds per move to be used in all divisions (subject to digital clocks being available and when clubs do not need to vacate their venues by 10.30pm).
Further Discussion Points
- The informal guidelines for the Bacchus League.
- A proposed B&DCL merger with the DCCA.
The full agenda can be found here.
(If the agenda does not appear on your screen when you click on the link this will be due to your browser settings. Please check your download folder and look for BDCL-AGM-June-2022-Agenda.pdf)
All members of the B&DCL are welcome to attend and we look forward to seeing all B&DCL clubs represented.
Martin Simons – B&DCL Chairman – 10th June 2022