ChessFest 2022: Sunday 17th July London Trafalgar Square + Liverpool
Announcing ChessFest 2022 (London & Liverpool)
It’s Back, Bigger and Better than Before!
ChessFest is a fun-filled outdoor event, entirely free, open to all, run by Chess in Schools and Communities.
Starting from 11am and running till 6pm on Sunday the 17th of July, the London event will take place, once again, in Trafalgar Square.
At Trafalgar Square will be the following fun events, with plenty for all abilities:
- Hundreds of chess boards for casual chess.
- Twelve giant chess sets to play on against other ChessFesters. Players will also be able to test their chess and athletic skills in speed games on these sets.
- A giant human chess match, 32 professional actors resplendent in costume take on the role of the chess pieces and re-enact famous games from chess history.
- Multiple simultaneous displays from some of the UK’s top chess players.
- Free chess lessons for children led by Chess in Schools tutors.
- Meet Fun Master Mike of Chesskid.com as he presents his Puzzle Rush Challenge.
- Chess Lectures celebrating the 50th anniversary of the 1972 World Chess Championship match between Bobby Fischer and Boris Spassky and the 25th anniversary of Garry Kasparov’s match against IBM’s Deep Blue.
- Are you smarter than a 7 year old? Meet the UK’s brightest chess prospects, Bodhana and Kushal, fresh from their gold medal triumphs at the recent European Junior Chess Championships.
The sister event is happening at Liverpool ONE’s Chevasse Park. There will be a livestreamed team match between the two events to decide the question who has the stronger players.