Page updated 01 Dec ’18
In the run-up to the start of the season the plan is to put information here that will hopefully help the clubs, secretaries, captains and members.
This specifically includes:
- Fixtures (updated Version 10 uploaded 08 Dec ’18)
- An expanded and updated “Captain’s Notes” on the Captain’s role and certain FIDE rules (uploaded 18 Aug ’18 and comments welcome)
- Copy of email message sent to County Secretaries (not Captains) 19 Aug ’18 setting the scene for the new season (uploaded 28 Aug ’18 – please click below)
- News clubs want published about themselves, such as start time, dress code and any change of team match night etc.
- And anything else! This website will not carry player gradings, but instead will reply on the ECF website and also LMS. The ECF website feeds LMS.
If you can, please check out this page from time to time over the summer.
The introduction of the ECF League Management System (LMS) was fully endorsed at the June B&DCL & Dorset League AGM’s, so will become effective for both our Dorset leagues from season 2018/19.It means that although this website will continue as previously, it will not carry duplicate results, league tables or latest grades – all this will be through a link to LMS. And Captains will be responsible for uploading results to LMS, which has been widely welcomed.
Club Information as 23 Oct ’18 (please note largely copied from 2017/18 and some details will need updating, e.g. change of captains). So this will be added to and changed as advised in the coming weeks
Dorset Chess League Team Captains – 2018/19
Dorchester A: David Hardie (01305 267046) (mob. 0791 9815863) email
Poole A: Cirpiran Stanciu Tel: 079389 22679 e-mail
Ringwood: Mike Jay – Tel 01425 461756 email: [email protected]
Weymouth A: Allan Pleasants (07967 350553 or 01305 771129) email
Wimborne A: Mark Littleton (01747 851445), Mob. 0771 7940239 email: mailto:[email protected]
Dorchester B: Mark Potter email: [email protected]
Dorchester C: David Aldwinckle (01305262138 / 07977175263) email
Highcliffe: Robert Halse Tel: 01425 626405 Also Richard Ursell – [email protected] mob. 07939 924 523
Purbeck A: Steve Peirson 01929 552504 email
Weymouth B: John Kelly 01305 832876 email
Dorchester D: Bill Woodhouse (01305 814950) email
Purbeck B: Derek Mount (07774 248319) email & deputy captain Jeremy Beling (01929 555167) email
Wimborne B: Colin Wilson (home 01202 848349) email: [email protected]
Wimborne C: Mike Davidson (home) 01202 890491, mob. 07796 712038